Banquet Info - 360 Tour
This is the page description.
Ray's Plaza Banquet Center
With flexible room rental, fabulous catering and a variety of amenities, Ray's Plaza Banquet Center is a “One-Stop” banquet facility perfect for your next meeting, convention, luncheon, holiday party or wedding reception. Ray’s has available a full catering menu and a full alcohol bar. Whether it be formal, casual or somewhere in between, Ray's Plaza Banquet Center is dressed for your successful event!
3 rooms to fit any event
The Lewis Room
This room can accommodate up to 60 guests. It has a full service bar and is great for business meetings, luncheons, and small gatherings.
The Clark Room
The Clark Room can accommodate up to 80 guests. It has a full dance floor. It is perfect for baby showers, bridal showers, luncheons, meetings, you name it.
The Lewis and Clark Room
These two rooms can be combined to seat up to 180 guests. It's great for school reunions, family reunions, birthday parties, and formals. You can have full bar accessibility along with a dance floor!
The Expedition Hall
This 11.024 square foot room can accommodate any group size from 200 to 600 people. The Expedition Hall has an elevated stage and easily accessible bar. It's perfect for wedding receptions, fundraisers, awards banquets, dinner auctions, & holiday parties.
Policies & Menu suggestions
Our goal is to provide you a one-stop shopping type experience, showcasing only the freshest high quality cuisine, an array of beverages, and the most professional wait staff available in Southeast Missouri. Room rentals are quoted based upon the room usage, food & beverage ideas and day of the week. Use our menu suggestions as a guide, but know we are here to design an event and menu especially for YOU!
Special requests; Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Low Sodium and Diabetic options are welcome
Services and extras that are included with our room rental charge are:
- All rental Fees include Table & Chair Set-Up, Break-down, & Clean-up
- "Built-In" 15' x 40' custom Stage in Expedition Hall
- "Built-In" dance floors in both rooms
- Free WiFi Internet
- Free Podium & Microphone service
- "In-House" CD system and speakers.
Extras Offered for an additional charge:
- Guest table linens
- Projector with HDMI connections
- Black Chair covers
- Projector Screen
- Skirting for additional tables
- Minimum total hot food Invoice is $500.
- Secure an available date by checking to make sure its available and putting down a deposit.
- Work with us to determine a menu and any misc. needs you desire for your event.
- We will create a worksheet/contract and email it to you for review.
- Determine if the contract is right for you and return a signed copy or a list of changes.
- The event is considered booked when the conract has been signed.
Pricing is locked in at that point, and no increases in cost will affect you. Menu tweaking and set-up details are still allowable, up to 21 days prior to your event.
DEPOSIT & PAYMENT
- The deposit amount is $3.00 per estimated person with a $500.00 cap.
- We will have a suggested payment schedule summarized on the worksheet/contract.
- We require a 72 hour notice (weekend hours not included) of attendees to prepare for. (aka your final count)
- The final invoice will use your final count or (if greater) the actual attendance count.
- Due to fee's, there will be a 3% merchant fee added for any payments made with a credit card. (using a business or personal check to avoid this is preferred)
- All our food is prepared by us exclusively.
- We are very flexible, so don't hesitate to suggest ideas
- Sales tax, currently at 7.975% is added to all Invoices, plus a 1% City of Cape Restaurant Tax on Food only.
- Non for profit, Religious or Charitable organizations; A copy of your State issued Tax Exemption letter must be submitted with your deposit to legally waive that expense.
WAIT STAFF SERVICE
- Servers are professionally dressed in black or black and white attire.
- There are 3 levels of service to choose from:
- Self-Service. No wait staff servers are provided. Everything is guest "Self-Serve" and clean up. Food buffet and beverage station(s) are maintained by the kitchen staff. A five percent (5%) gratuity is added to the food portion of your invoice.
- Light-Service. Wait staff servers are provided at a rate of one for every 50 persons. High quality disposables are used for all food and beverage. A ten percent (10%) gratuity is added to the food portion of your invoice.
- Full Service Events (or) Plated Dinners: Servers are provided at a rate of 1 for every 32 persons (4 tables of 8) If you choose to have real china, glass & silverware, this level of service is necessary for proper handling and clearing of dishes. An eighteen percent (18%) gratuity will be added to the food portion of your invoice
We provide Sugar Caddies, Salt & Pepper shakers on all guest tables. We also can provide a simple vase with a single silk flower as a table centerpiece.
LIABILITY, ORDINANCES, REGULATIONS & CLIENT RESPONSIBILITES
The following points are Non-Negotiable to assure compliance of Insurance regulations, Local Ordinances and Missouri State Laws.
- All Food & Beverage within the building will be provided by Ray's.
- Events that choose Alcoholic beverages to be served and available to guests, may be required to pay an additional $75 for a Security guard for the purpose of policing the parking areas, crowd control, under age drinking, beverages taken out of the building, general peace and closing disturbances that may arise.
- Guests are not allowed to bring into or take out of the building ANY type of alcoholic beverage. Security will immediately ban anyone caught doing this.
- Minors WILL NOT be served and bartenders will card. Any guest or person caught obtaining an alcoholic beverage and providing it to a minor will be asked to leave.
- Management and bartenders reserve the right NOT to serve alcohol to guests based upon our judgment of intoxication. Intoxicated guests who demonstrate aggression, loud profanity and any general disrespect will be asked to leave.
- All events will have a "Last Call" NO later then 11:45 PM for alcoholic beverages.
- All entertainment MUST cease by 12:00 AM.
- The client is responsible and will be charged for any damage, loss or liability incurred during service of the client's guests or any persons connected by the client to provide any service or goods before, during and after the event.
- Our building is a "Smoke Free" facility. Smoking is only permitted outside of the building.
- No outdoor signage in and around the parking area and street may be posted.
- No open flame type candles may be used on the tables as centerpieces. Candles within globes are approved.
- Signs and decorations to be placed on the walls, ceilings, doors etc. Must be approved by management and totally removed to a "As you found the facility" after the event by the client.
- Confetti and Glitter type decorations are prohibited for use. As well as popcorn.
- Any cardboard boxes or marketing and decorating materials must be removed immediately after the function and taken to the facility dumpster.
- We do not keep a staff on hand for regular business hours; Any visitations, entry, deliveries and general event set-up by the client must be pre-arranged.
- The building is a completely separate business from the adjacent Holiday Inn Express Hotel. The Hotel staff does not have keys for facility access.
- Early entry a day before, and late entry a day after your event date may result in an additional charge. Decisions are made on a case by case basis, if there are no scheduled banquets, early entry will be granted at no extra charge, however, the only way to assure no conflicts on "Day-Early" entry and set-up is to book the room as such. The same applies for "Day-After" entry.
- We will not be liable for failure to perform the contract in the event of an act of God, war, strike or any other occurrences like snow, ice, tornado, hurricane and earthquake.
- Pets or animals are not allowed in the facility at any time, except for animals medically necessary to assist.